1912 Mar 21 – Fork River
Joseph Lockhart is in Winnipeg on important business.
Miss Swain arrived on Tuesday’s train to take up the position as teacher and will in future wield the rod of correction at Pine View School.
There has been a considerable number of dogs in this locality poisoned during the winter. Some one had better look out as there is a severe penalty attached to such business if the guilty ones are caught.
Nat Little is taking a trip to Brandon on business where he intends purchasing some horses.
The young people spent a very pleasant time the other evening at the home of Mr. and Mrs. T.N. Briggs.
Cordwood hauling will soon be a thing of the past as the roads are about busted up and we will have to move the town site to make room for any more as it seems out of the question to et some people to keep it off the streets.
H. McCartney is on a vacation to Dauphin and will hold service at Sifton on his return trip.
The annual meeting of the Woman’s Auxiliary of All Saints’ Church was held at the house of Mrs. Scrase the secretary. There was a good representation. Mrs. Scrase’s report as secretary and Wm. King’s as treasurer were accepted and passed; there being a balance on hand. The election of officers for 1912 was as follows; Mrs. Wm. King, president; Mrs. Cameron, vice; Mrs. Scrase, secretary and W. King, treasurer. It was agreed on to have an autograph quilt to assist the wardens to raise fund to build a parsonage at Fork River on the lot purchased for that purpose. Donations will be received by Wm. King, financial secretary.