1911 Nov 30 – Fork River
Mr. A. Clawson, an old-timer, was here on a business trip.
Mr. D.F. Wilson, municipal clerk returned from Brandon, where he attended the municipal convention.
Mr. Guy Robinac passed through here on a trip to the Waterhen on Lake Winnipegosis.
Mr. James Johnston and A. Cooper have returned after spending the summer in Winnipeg.
We believe it would be to the interest of the public if our road commissioner would see that Main Street on both sides of track south of the station was kept clear of cordwood. It was almost impossible for farmer to move around last summer without running into cordwood or machinery, trying to get around the mud hole just wide enough for a wagon to pass through. There is any amount of room north of the station for wood and it would keep the business part from looking like a cord wood camp to those who pass through as we have a good town site if kept tidy. It would add to the appearance and comfort of everyone.
There is a shortage of cars here for farmers to load grain. What we need is another railroad through this part the country to wake up the C.N.R.